Заключительный урок по теме № 2: "Let the Music Begin"к УМК "The World of English 9" : Иностранные языки
I. Good morning, everybody. Sit down, please. I think you are ready for our lesson and have a good mood. Our today’s lesson is dedicated to music. It’s impossible to live without music. It is everywhere. Famous people know much about music and these quotations are for you. Read them.
“If music be the food of love, play on.”
“Music is the universal language of the world.”
- Play on – принимать
- Universal – [ ju:ni\'vз:sl ] универсальный
It is impossible to argue with great people. But I want you to express your own opinions. Do you agree or disagree with these statements? (P1, P2, P3)
II. You know about music and musicians, singers and groups. I’ll choose
experts of music who will tell us about the music of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.
Our experts are: (P1, P2, P3) (раздаточный материал) take your seats here, please.
You have some minutes to be ready with the texts the music of the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s.
III. I agree that music is the universal language of the world. But what about you?
1.What sort of music do you like? ( P1, P2, P3, P4)
2.What does music make you think of?
3.What music do you like listening to when you have free time?
4. What music do you listen to when you are sad?
5. What music do you listen to when you are happy?
6.What is your favourite music?
7. What music do you hate?
2.) I want to know your opinion about this music. Listen to a short extract of it and express your feelings.
|(Ricky Martin)||P1, P2, P3||Video|
IV. Ricky Martin is a talented singer. His songs grab our hearts and minds.
– Who is your favourite singer?
– What is your favourite group?
– Say about them.
(Отвечают 5 учащихся)
V. People share their opinions about concerts, music and favourite groups. The boys are talking about music. Let’s listen to them.
– I say, Alesha. What music do you prefer to listen to?
– My joy is hard rock. But when I have free time I listen to pop music. It’s exciting and makes me remember my birthday party. And what about you?
– I adore jazz. But sometimes I listen to classical music because I go to music school and attend concerts of classical music.
– You are lucky. I don’t understand classical music. It’s very complicated, I think.
– It’s not complicated. To my mind everybody should visit concerts of classical music to understand it.
– Maybe you are right. Next time I’ll go with you.
– Thanks a lot, boys.
VI. I think that our experts are ready. Listen to them very attentively and write down the names of singers and groups. We’ll check it up.
P1 – What names have you heard?
P2 – Do you remember singers? Name them.
P3 – Were you attentive? Give their names.
P4 – Have you heard the names?
VII. There are a lot of talented singers. Working with this quiz you will expand your outlook.
Try to find the right answer using these patterns
- I think…
- To my mind….
- I don’t know exactly but…..
1) Elvis Presley (1935 – 1977 ) was the “King of Rock and Roll” from the ‘50s to the ‘70s, but he sang some beautiful songs too. One of the greatest was “Love me Tender”. Where was Elvis Presley born?
a) London, England;
b) New York, USA;
c) Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
2) Elvis had to do national service in the United States army like other men his age. Where did the army send him?
3) While he was abroad doing his military service, he met a girl. She became the love of his life, and later they married. What was her name?
c) Marjorie [ ma:dri].
4) Can you put these first names and surnames together to make the names of the four Beatles?
3. Mc Cartney
5) Which city in England did the Beatles come from?
6) In which year did they have their first hit?
7) Which of these is not a Beatles song?
a) Love me Do Do;
b) She loves you;
c) Can’t buy me love;
d) All you need is love;
e) California girls.
8) Elvis Presley bought a pink Cadillac for his
9) John Lennon fell in love with a girl. Who was she?
a) an Italian actress;
b) a Russian ballet dancer;
c) a Japanese artist.
10) When was John Lennon born?
a) in 1940;
b) in 1945;
c) in 1949.
11) “The Beatles” was formed by
a) Elvis Presley;
b) Paul Mc Cartney;
c) John Lennon.
VIII. Paula Abdul is a very talented singer. I want you to listen to the text about Paula Abdul and fill in the table.
|When / where Was born||Films||Chose her/ Called her||Feelings|
Since February 1989, when she had her first big hit, Paula Abdul has had fantastic success.Her records have been selling in millions. She was born in Los Angeles and lives there now. Her whole life is about song and dance as she says. She planned the dancing in the American Oscars and the films ‘Coming to America’ and ‘The Doors’. In 1990 American high school students voted her the ‘hero of Young America’.The newspapers called her the ‘The New Madonna’. How does she feel about her success? “It’s wonderful,” she says. “I never expected it to be like this.” She’s very happy if people compare her to Madonna. “Madonna has had an incredible career. She is a hard-working girl who’s achieved so much.” But Paula hasn’t done everything yet. She’s been choreographing films for years but now she wants to star in one herself.
IX. You have worked hard. Thanks a lot. Let’s relax a little and sing a song which is called “A Lemon Tree”.
Your marks are…
The lesson is over. Good bye. See you later.
© Блог Димы Шпилера / Школа и школьники