Урок в 7-м классе "Let’s Protect the Nature" : Иностранные языки
Цели и задачи:
- Социокультурный аспект – знакомство учащихся с экологическими организациями Британии, их деятельностью по охране природы, экологическим образованием.
- Учебный аспект – совершенствование навыков монологической и диалогической речи, совершенствование навыков аудирования незнакомого текста и текста с опорой на видеозапись с извлечением основной информации, контроль грамматических навыков употребления в речи страдательного залога в настоящем времени.
- Развивающий аспект – развитие объема памяти, развитие способности к логическому изложе-нию содержания.
- Воспитательный аспект – развитие обеспокоенности экологической ситуацией вокруг, формирование ответственного отношения к природе, воспитание правильного экологического поведения.
Дидактический материал: аудиозапись, видеозапись
Наглядность: картины с видами природы, работы учащихся, фотографии.
I. Начало урока. Вступительное слово учителя.
Students, look at these landscapes. The world we live in is really wonderful: blue
oceans, seas and rivers, mountains, hills, fields and valleys. We live surrounded by this
beauty. But the situation isn’t the same in different parts of our planet. At this
picture you can see Elba. One of the most beautiful rivers in Europe is dying. That is the
result of people’s action. There are a lot of places like that in the world. The nature
faces a great threat. That’s why people who take care of our planet have established the
22 of April as a special day around the world-Earth Day. It’s the day for people to
learn what they can do to protect the planet.
So, at our lesson we are going to discuss one of the main probli of the time- the ecological probli. Tell me please, what does the word “ecology“ mean?
P. The word “ecology” came from Greek word which means “home”. This idea of home includes the whole planet of ours.
T. You are right. And now our “home”- our planet is in danger. We should answer two main questions during our lesson:
1. Is the situation really so dangerous?
2. What can we do to protect the nature and to save our planet?
II. Основная часть
1. Обсуждение экологической ситуации. Выступления учащихся.
P1. I want to tell you about water pollution. The situation is really gloomy and sometimes even hopeless. Rivers, lakes, seas, oceans cover more than 70% of our planet. Scientists say “man will die if oceans die”. Over 5 million tons of oil products pollute the ocean each year. About 2 million tons of these products come from cars. First the oil products go into atmosphere. From the atmosphere they go into oceans. A ship wrecked tankers spill a lot of oil into the ocean. In addition big rivers carry into the ocean a lot of waste from industry and agriculture. Pollution means death to oceans. It kills fish, plants, birds .Experts believe life in oceans will be destroyed within 25 years.
P2. The industry effects the nature greatly. For example more than 30 years ago a pulp-and-paper factory was built on the shore of lake Baikal. As a result, because of the water pollution, more than 50% of the world’s purest water has been ruined. The whole ecological systi of lake has changed greatly. Some organisms that can be found only in lake Baikal are disappearing, trees are dying from the dust and gas blow-outs of the factory.
P3. Well, we see that water which is necessary for our life is polluted awfully.
As for me, I want to focus to another probli the probli of air pollution. Nobody and
nothing on the Earth could live without air. People pollute the air all over the world. A
great number of trees growing on the planet produce oxygen and clean the air. But vast
forests are cut and burn in fire. Their disappearance upset the oxygen balance.
Besides, the ozone layer in the atmosphere protects the Earth from the dangerous ultraviolet rays of the sun. It’s like a kind of a roof. But now, because of the air pollution, the ozone layer is destroyed. The dangerous rays get through the atmosphere, causing different diseases.
In addition awful harm is caused to our home by nuclear tests of atom bombs, accidents on the atomic power stations, for example, Chernobyl tragedy in 1986. About 18% of the territory of Belorus was polluted with radioactive substances.
P4. We must keep in mind that not only the industry pollutes the nature. Every year each family create one ton of rubbish. A great number of dumps are all over the country. Just only some facts: it takes more than 2 years to decompose paper. Cans and tins destroy more than 90 years. Plastic packets decompose more than 200years, glass- more than 1000 years.
P5. People in cities suffer greatly from the pollution. But as for animals, the
situation is really dramatic. Almost all animals, insects, and birds living on our planet
need help. They could disappear forever. During 300 years 280 species were destroyed on
our planet. Nowadays the destruction of animals is going on. Indian tigers are among thi.
Tigers are the biggest cats in the world. They are skilful hunters and people are afraid of thi. So they kill thi to safe their lives. But some people hunt tigers for their beautiful skins and for fun. They sell the skins and get a lot of money. The result is sad. There are few Indian tigers on the Earth.
P6. I want to tell you about elephants. They are wonderful, they can help men. Elephants need a lot of water. They drink as much as 50 gallons a day. They spray their bodies with water. They need a lot of food. Elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating. Today many elephants in Africa are dying because thy do not have enough food to eat and space to live in. Hunters kill thousands of elephants every year for meat and for their tusks. Only two million elephants live on the planet today. As for the other animals the situation is the same:
1) 8 big cats are killed to make one fur coat;
2) only several hundred of rhinos are left in Asia;
3) about 3 millions kangaroos are hunted every year;
4) only 30 Californian condors were left in the world;
5) millions buffalos were destroyed by now;
6) over 40000 monkeys are caught every year;
7) about 300 dolphins and 30 sea turtles are poisoned by water pollution every day.
T. Well, the contradiction between man and nature are really very dramatic. But is there anybody who does something to make the life of animals better?
2. Красная книга
P7. In 1949 scientists examined the living conditions of animals, birds, and
insects. They made the list of rare and disappearing living things and named in Red Data
Book. The colour red is a danger signal understandable to all people in the world. The red
colour means no passage, stop! The colour red is one of blood and life. The first volumes
of Red Data Book were published in 1966. In our country the book appeared in 1974.
This is unusual book. Its pages are of different colours. Animals which need immediate help are placed n the red pages. Those which number is reducing are on the yellow pages. Green pages are for animals which are already saved.
3. Международные экологические организации
T. Environmental protection is an universal concern. That’s why a serious measure should be taken to create a systi of ecological security. Do you know any international organizations trying to solve this probli?
P1. I know Greenpeace. This international organization fights with all kinds of nature protection all over the world.
P2. There is Green party in Europe.
P3. UN miber States have set environmental protection agencies.
T. There is one more international organization which protects the nature. Listen to the record. You should answer the following questions:
– What is the name of organization?
– What is its aim?
– Where does it get money from?
Учащиеся прослушивают текст два раза и отвечают на вопросы. Текст из учебника В. П. Кузовлева “Happy English”-2
4. Ролевая игра
T. Not only the international organizations are trying to stop the destroying the nature. Many common people organize ecological groups and do their best to help the nature in their native places. Today we have some guests from Great Britain. They are representatives of different ecological groups. Nice to meet you, dear friends. Introduce yourself, please.
Гости представляются и отвечают на вопросы учащихся.
– Hello, I’m Jane Smith. I’m from “Liverpool Ecology Group”.
– My name is Kate Servins. I live in Scotland. I’m a miber of the group “Friends of the Earth.”
– Glad to meet you. I’m Helen Brown “London Wildlife Trust”.
P1. How many ecological groups are there in Great Britain?
H.B. There are 300 nature centres in British cities and more than 30 in London. Children go there with their teachers to study and enjoy the nature.
P2. Do you celebrate the Earth Day? What activities do you suggest your mibers?
J.S. We celebrate the Earth Day every year. Twice a month we meet and discuss how to help the nature. We build bird-tables and bird-houses, plant and water trees and flowers. Besides we pick up litter in the forest.
K.S. We have special environmental education in our country. We teach pupils how to reduce energy and water. We collect old newspapers, cans and tins to recycle. Besides we reuse plastic containers and bottles.
P3. How do you help animals?
H.B. We feed animals in our community park and we treat thi if it is necessary. We also advice pupils to buy only recyclable goods.
5. Просмотр видеосюжета о больнице для животных
T. Students, our guests have brought video cassette about Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital. Let’s watch it and say:
– Where is this Hospital situated?
– How do the specialists help the nature?
– What are the aims of the organization?
Учащиеся просматривают видеоролик и отвечают на вопросы. Ответы учащихся:
– Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital is situated in the UK.
– The specialists take care of the animals which hurt and have some health problis.
– People want to take animals back to their natural home-nature. They teach thi to survive in the wild.
6. Обсуждение экологических проблем в своем городе
Т. Let’s pass to the problis closer to us- problis devoted to the ecology of
Muravlenko. Our town is situated in the Extrie North of the Western Siberia. This region
is famous of the oil-production. Oil- mining objects influence badly on water ecosystis,
on the plant cover and permafrost soils. I’m sure that oil- companies must solve the
ecological problis more effectively.
Now I’d like to draw your attention to another probli. Our town lies in a beautiful place. It is surrounded by deep forest called taiga. There are a lot of lakes and small rivers around the town. People like to spend their free time fishing, gathering mushrooms and berries, having picnics and lighting barbecues. So, they leave much litter in the forest. Students, look at these photos and say what can you see on thi?
Демонстрируются фотографии окрестностей города.
P1, 2, 3, 4...
– The water is polluted.
– Birds are frightened.
– Dogs are not under control.
– The baby-trees are cut.
– Fires are burnt.
– Litter is left.
– Bottles, cans and tins are left everywhere.
– Papers and plastic packets are thrown out.
– Trees are cut and painted.
T. And what about you, students? Do you behave yourselves in the countryside the same way? What do you do at home to save the nature?
Примерные ответы учащихся:
– We never break trees when we go to the forest.
– We always take litter home after a picnic.
– We never throw rubbish into the lake.
– I never catch small animals and birds.
– I never paint the trees.
– I never cut wild flowers.
– We always leave the place clean when we hike.
– We save energy and water at home.
– We reuse plastic containers.
III. Заключительный этап урока. Составление экологических правил.
T. Now, pupils, let’s make the Code of Ecological Rules for all people of our town. I think these rules should be placed all over the forest.
Учащиеся выходят к доске и записывают правила.
Code of Ecological Rules.
– Don’t break trees.
– Don’t leave litter.
– Keep the country tidy.
– Respect the life and work of the countryside.
– Keep dogs under control.
– Put litter away.
– Grow trees and flowers.
– Don’t frighten birds and animals.
– Don’t cut wild flowers.
– Don’t burn fires.
T. Our lesson is coming to an end. In conclusion I’d like to tell you that the
protection of nature is everybody’s business.
An outstanding English writer John Galsworthy said: ”If you don’t think about the future you will not have it.” Let’s think about the future. Let’s keep our planet tidy and make it better place to live in. Let’s save the Earth for ourselves and for the next generations.
IV. Подведение итогов урока
© Блог Димы Шпилера / Школа и школьники