Урок по теме: "Политическая система Великобритании" : Иностранные языки
- развитие лексических навыков по теме;
- развитие навыков устной речи, чтения;
- развитие умения работать с информацией, принимать участие в дискуссии, отстаивать свою точку зрения по проблеме;
- расширение знаний о политических системах мира, воспитание толерантного отношения к истории, культуре, традициям страны изучаемого языка.
Оборудование: доска, перфокарты, слайды, компьютерная локальная сеть, реквизит для ролевой игры.
I. Организационный момент.
Teacher: Ladies and gentlemen! We get together to discuss the problem: “British political system as an example of the monarchy in the world. Is it necessary or not?” Look at the blackboard! Here is hidden the structure of the political system. What does it consist of?
Pupil 1 (Исаков М.) – The political system of each country consists of Head of State and the government. The state is ruled in 3 branches: legislative, executive, judicial.
Teacher: What functions do these chambers have?
Pupil 2 (Чепик А) – The task of the legislative power is to make laws.
Pupil 3 (Лядская Я) – The task of the executive power is to put laws into effect.
Pupil 4 (Васильченко М.) – The task of the judicial power is to deal with civil and criminal cases.
Teacher: It’s all right. We are ready to revise our vocabulary. Take sheets of paper with your names and take your places at the computers. Find picture № 3, the title “Dictation” (Приложение). Here are given the explanations of the words you should write their meaning. You have 2 minutes. Are you ready? Please, change your sheets of paper with your classmates, check the dictation and give a mark. Then give them to Alex.
II. Введение нового материала.
Teacher: Let’s talk about Britain in particular. Press the button, find the picture “Geographical position of the UK” (Приложение). What do you know about Great Britain? What counties does it contain? What are their symbols?
Pupil 1: (Лядская Я.) – The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland includes England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales. The symbol of England is red rose. The symbol of Ireland is clover. The symbol of Scotland is thistle. The symbol of Wales is daffodil.
Teacher: Press the button again. Look at the symbols and flag of Great Britain (Приложение). What words do you associate with the political system of the UK?
Pupil 2: (Чугунов С.) – Queen, Parliament, Labor party, lords, monarchy…
Teacher: I want you to learn more information about British political system. At the screen is given the structure of it (Приложение). What are the most important points?
Pupil 2: (Исаков М.) – The head of State is Queen. The legislative power belongs to the Parliament. It consists of 2 Houses. The executive power belongs to the government. Its head is Prime Minister. The judicial power belongs to the System of Courts.
Teacher: Thank you. Press your button and find next picture. We see text about political system in the UK (Приложение). You should read it and do control task after it. You have 6 minutes to prepare for discussion. Are you ready? Let’s summarize our knowledge. On your screens you see the plan of our discussion (Приложение):
Pupil 1: (Исаков М.) – legislative power, Parliament.
Pupil 2: (Стригоцкая А.) – executive power.
Pupil 3: (Васильченко М.) – judicial power.
Pupil 4: (Кашина К.) – local governments.
Pupils 5,6: (Лядская Я., Чепик А.) – the full picture of the political system in the UK.
III. Закрепление, контроль.
Форма: ролевая игра.
Teacher: Thank you very much for your work. We know that the Head of the UK is Queen. Let’s organize our discussion about the Queen. On the blackboard is written our problem: “What’s it like being Queen? Is monarchy necessary or not?” At first we should read for specific information. It is given on the screen. Press your button, find picture “Queen” (Приложение). You see a text. Under the text there are new words. Study words and insert them where it is necessary. Learn information and prepare for discussion. If you have difficulties you can use keys on picture № 13 (Приложение). You have 5 minutes. And now I suggest you to take your places at the desks and organize a play. Imagine yourselves that you are citizens of Great Britain. What do you think about your queen?
- Pupil 1 (Стригоцкая А.) – will be a chairman. You will lead our discussion. It is your plan.
- Pupil 2 (Кашина К.) – will be Private Secretary. She tells us about queen’s working day.
- Pupil 3 (Чепик А.) – will be Prince Charles. He is sure there are many negative features in being queen.
- Pupil 4 (Васильченко М.) – will be Prince Philip. He tells us about positive moments in being queen.
- Pupil 5 (Исаков М.) – will be a citizen of the UK and tells us the attitude of the population to British queen.
- Pupil 6 (Лядская Я.) – will be Queen and expresses her opinion: Is it a really busy job or not?
- Pupil 7 (Чугунов С.) – will be a reporter. He has a special task to go to our guests and ask them: Are they for or against monarchy in Russia?
- Pupil 8 …………It is for you to decide: Is monarchy necessary or not? Write your composition.
Chairman: Thank you for your participation. I’m pleased at you.
IV. Комментарии отметок, объяснение домашнего задания.
Teacher: Please, prepare for the next lesson speaking to the theme “British Monarchy”.
© Блог Хелси и Смарт / Школа и школьники