Урок в 10-м классе по теме: "Олимпийские игры" : Иностранные языки
Цели: Систематизировать и обобщить знания по теме: «Olympic Games».
- развивать навыки монологической и диалогической речи на уроке;
- развивать навыки аудирования;
- выполнять тестовые задания по теме, используя современные средства контроля (программируемый контроль).
Тип урока: обобщающий
Оборудование: компьютеры, экран, магнитофон.
1. Организационный момент:
Let’s speak about the topic of our latest lesson:
- Do you go in for sport?
- What sport do you go in for?
- What is your favourite sport? Why?
- What are your favourite sportsmen or women?
2. The aim of our lesson today is to summarize our knowledge about the Olympic Games and now we’ll speak about the History of the Olympic Games. You’ll see some pictures about the History of the Olympic Games and your task is to comment them:
a) when it began
b) the events
c) a time-line of the Olympic Games
d) Baron Pierre de Coubertin
3. The next task is to match the pictures with the names of sports and games in which they are used:
4. Finish some sentences. Listen to the tape very attentively and guess whom these sentences are about:
- These sportsmen won the gold medal in figure- skating dance during the latest European championship. (Irina Lobachova and Ilya Averbukh).
- He plays in football team « Manchester United». (David Backham).
- She is the most scandal and popular tennis woman in Russia. (Anna Kurnikova).
- His height is 198 sm. His weight is 102 kg. He was born on 17.02.1963. He plays in New- York team « Washington Wizards». He is a champion in National Basketball League 6 times. (Michael Jordan).
- Nowdays this man doesn`t play with a man, he plays with the computer (Garry Kasparov).
- Russian sportsman lives in Australia, won the fight against two Americans – profi. (Konstantin Dzu).
- She is a silver medallist in 800- meter races at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, she is a wheelchair racer (Jean Driscoll).
- She lives in Siberia, in a small town, Tumen Region, her favourite sport is tennis. Last year she graduated from the musical school. Her favourite film is «Garry Potter» (K. Dengina).
5. Choose the right names of British popular sports and games to complete the sentences:
|1. People in England began to play … as early as 1550
2. … is one of the oldest British sports that existed in Saxon times.
3. …is the sport that began to develop in Scotland.
4. … was first played in England in 1872, whose first championship was at Wimbledon.
5. … is a game invented and developed in England which is nowadays played all over the world.
1. When did the Olympic Games begin?
a) 553 B.C.
b) 776 B.C.
c) 676 A.D.
d) 393 A.D.
2. Who banned the Games?
a) Peter I
b) Catherine I
c) Theodosius I
3. How many events were there in the very earliest Olympiad?
a) Only 3
b) Only 1
c) Only 4
d) Only 5
4. Who wrote a letter to every country describing the educational value of sport?
a) Baron Pierre de Coubertin
b) Theodosius I
c) The Romans
d) The Greeks
5. When did the first modern Olympic Games take place?
a) In 1894
b) In 1875
c) In 1896
d) In 1808
6. In what city were the first modern Olympic Games held?
a) In Athens
b) In Barselona
c) In Paris
d) In London
7. How many times were the Olympic Games interrupted?
8. When did Russia join the Olympic Games?
a) In 1898
b) In 1948
c) In 1952
d) In 1931
9. What country hosted the twenty-second modern Olympiad?
10. What are the Paralimpics Games?
a) Games for disabled athletes
b) Games for women
c) Games for children
Games for grandparents
7. Подведение итогов урока: Have we achieved our aims? Have we summarized our knowledge on the topic «The History of the Olympic Games»?
Домашнее задание: You have to be ready for the test in 3 levels as usual.
Выставление оценок за урок
© Блог Димы Шпилера / Школа и школьники