Методическая разработка заключительного урока для учащихся 7-го класса: "People Speak English All Over the World" : Иностранные языки
- подвести итог знаниям, навыкам и умениям учащихся в рамках изученной темы (произношение, активный запас фраз и речевых образцов, умения устного активного и рецептивного речевого общения);
- развивать навыки коммуникативной компетенции учащихся в монологической и диалогической речи; аудировании и чтении;
- вовлечь школьников в активную речевую деятельность на уроке путем использования современных средств обучения и различных организационных форм работы;
- обеспечить активную деятельность каждого ученика в течение всего урока, максимально увеличить время говорения каждого школьника;
- прививать интерес к изучению иностранного языка.
- карта мира;
- флаги англоязычных стран;
- наглядный материал по теме;
- карточки для письменных заданий.
1. Оргмомент, объявление темы и цели урока
Teacher: Good morning, boys and girls! Sit down, please. I hope you are OK today and ready to work hard and enthusiastically.
Today we are going to talk about reasons for learning English language. And I do hope this problem concerns each student of your class. Everybody has on opportunity to express his or her opinion.
2. Фонетическая зарядка.
Foreign language, English spoken in the world, other nationalities, global English, other mother tongues, internationally recognized, the world community, international conferences and seminars, to know a foreign language, to develop friendship and understanding, the financial and cultural centre, the official emblem of.
3. Vocabulary: Give English equivalents to the following Russian words and word-combinations.
- иностранные языки
- быть успешным в
- официальный язык
- в разных частях мира
- международная встреча
- общаться с партнерами
- иметь друга по переписке
- рискнуть, попытать счастья
- упущенные возможности
- общаться друг с другом
- с помощью компьютера
- поехать за границу
- дает возможность общаться
- знание иностранных языков
- путешествовать и посещать разные страны
- спросить о чем-нибудь по-английски
- овладеть английским языком
- знакомиться с обычаями и традициями
- настоящий профессионал
- международные конференции
4. Речевая зарядка.
Find out easiest way to learn a foreign language. Give your reasons.
The easiest way to learn a foreign language is:
- to have a good textbook
- to have a good teacher
- to go to an English-speaking contry
- to have an English-speaking pen friend
- to chat on the Internet
- to phone yor friends abroad
- to read English books and yoth magazines
- to read labels and instrction on everything yo by
- to watch videos and films in English
- to listen to the radio and TV msical programmes
5. Основная часть.Teacher: “Do yo speak English?”- with this phrase begins the conversation between two people, who speak different langages and want to find a common langage. It’s very good when yo hear: “Yes, I do”, and start talking. Can yo think of any reasons for stdying English? Complete the Word Web.
(to watch English and American flms in the original; to read books and youth magazines; to read newspapers; to listen to the radio and TV musical programmes in English; to visit foreign countries; to have an English – speaking pen friend; to read labels and instructions; to take part in exchange programmes; to learn about traditions and customs; to communicate with the people from other countries).
T: And now I want you to express your opinions why it is useful to learn foreign languages.
P: Nowdays it’s very necessary to know a foreign language. Knowledge of foreign language helps us to develop friendship and understsnding among people. The total number of languages in the world is from 2500 to 5000. English is spoken all over the world and very popular. There is a proverb: “Knowledge is Power”. I agree with it.
P: I study English, because I want to read English books of great writers in the original. I want to communicate with people from different countries, I want to understand their culture and traditions. I like to travel. Speaking English I can travel anywhere, because more than 1 billion people speak English. I have a pen-friend abroad. She lives in London. I have much fun writing letters to my English friend.
P: How do I learn English? First of all I read a lot. There is always an English book on my desk. I’m trying to learn few new words every day. To remember words better I put them into groups. For example: believe – believer – belief – disbelieve. I listen to songs in English and try to recognize the words. I have some tapes and video-tabes in English. I like to watch different satellite TV programmes in English. I like studing English.
P: English is very popular now. It’s the language of computers, science, business, sport and politics. It’s spoken all over the world. It is the official language of theUnited Kingdom,Ireland, theUnited States of America,Canada,Australia. There are more than 750 million speakers of English in the world.
P: Speaking a foreign language you can read papers, magazines and original books by great writers, watch satellite TV programmes. If you like travelling you can go anywhere without being afraid that other people will not understant you. English is very important to find a good job.
P: Learning a foreign language isn’t an easy thing.Nowadays it’s especially important to know foreign languages. Some people learn language because they need them for their work, others travel abroad , for third studyng foreign languages is a hobby. Everyone, who knows foreign languages can speak to people from other countries, read foreign authors in the original, which makes your outlook wider. I study English.
Teacher: Look at the map and answer the following questions:
- What countries are marked?
- What main languages do people speak in those countries?
- What of their capital do you know?
Listen to the tape and check if you were right:
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothrn Ireland, Eire, Canada, the United States of America, Jamaica, Bahams, Barbados, Trinidad, Guyana, Australia, New Zealand.
- English and mother tongues of those countries.
- The Capital of theUnited Kingdom is London.
- The Capital of theUSA is Washington.
- The Capital of Canada is Ottawa.
- The Capital of Barbados is Bridgetown.
- The Capital of Trinidad and Tobago is Port of Spain>.
- The Capital of Guyana is Georgetown.
- The Capital of Jamaica is Kingston.
- The Capital of Eire is Dublin.
- The Capital of Australia is Canberra.
- The Capital of New Zealand is Wellington.
Match the questions and the answers. Fill in the table below.
- Fill in the table below. In what countries is English spoken as a first language?
- How many countries have English as a second language?
- Is English spoken by people who have other mother tongues?
- What proportion of students in our country study English at school?
- What do native speakers of English think about foreigners who speak English?
- People in 30 countries speak English as a second language.
- How popular is English in
Russia? About 70 per cent of Russian students choose English as their first foreign language at school though German and French are still very popular.
- Some British think that English spoken in the world by people of other nationalities is not real English. It\'s global English.
- English is spread among the people who have other mother tongues.
- At the moment English is internationally recognized by the world community as one of the languages more often spoken by people in various parts of the world. It is known that English is spoken (as a first language) in Australia, the Bahamas, Canada, Eire, Guyana, the Caribbean Islands (Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad, etc.), New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States.
Tick the reason why you study English and write two reasons yourself.
- Learning foreign languages takes too much time.
- English is necessary for communication with people when you are abroad.
- When you listen to songs in Enslihs, it’s better to understand the words.
- If you know English, you can get information from different newspapers and from different radio stations.
- Watching English and American films in the original is more interesting than watching them in translation.
- There are lots of newspapers and radio programmes in
– there is no need to read newspapers and to listen to radio programmes in English. Russia
- When you are abroad as a tourist, the guide helps in all situations and explains everything in Russian.
- Most interesting films are translated into Russian.
- Learning English is interesting and exciting.
- When people listen to foreign songs, they enjoy the music and they don’t need words.
|Reasons for learning English||Reasons against for learning English|
Listen to the students talking about their reasons for learning English. Fill in the table.
(Текст для аудирования)
MICHAEL: I\'m from France. My name is Michael. I can speak English quite well. I started to learn English 8 years ago when I was only 5. My elder sister taught me some funny English songs and poems. Then, at school I continued my studies.
My sister grew up and married an Englishman. Now they live in London. I often visit them and my nephews. In Britain, I speak English with my relatives and friends. I can speak English fluently. But I have some problems with my grammar.
I learn English because I often visit Britain and I have a lot of friends there. English helps us to overcome our communication problems.
Besides, I like to read British youth magazines.
They are interesting and catchy.
This summer I\'m going to study at a Summer School in London.
HANS: Hi! I\'m Hans. I\'m from Germany. I learn English at school in Berlin. 1 can read English books and newspapers. But I have some problems with listening and speaking English. I\'m going to become a pilot. Every pilot should speak English very well. You know, sometimes English is called the language of the sky.
I really enjoy using my computer. It\'s so interesting. I can chat with people from different countries on the Internet. I can find the necessary information and new ideas on the Internet. To use the computer I have to read and write English quite well because nearly 80 % of all the information in the world\'s computers is in English.
These are the two main reasons why I\'m learning English.
JAN1S: Hi! I\'m from sunny Greece. My name is Janis. Thousands of people from different countries come to Greece for holidays. They speak different languages. But most of them can speak English. So, if you want to make new friends you should speak English, too.
I learn English at school and I can speak English quite well. My English friends say so.
I am interested in modern music. Most singers sing their songs in English. Most radio and TV musical programmes are in English. The most famous musical magazines are in English too. If you want to know the latest musical news you should learn English.
That’s why I learn English though I’m lazy and I don’t like to study.
Read the text. Answer the question given in the title.
How many languages can a person know?
How many languages can a person know?
You know, of course, some people who speak more than one language. We must not think that only great people can learn many foreign languages.
In modern times, when science and technical knowledge are progressing so fast, all kinds of specialists need foreign languages in their work — teachers and doctors, politicians and actors, engineers and businessmen, and people from many other professions.
If a person doesn\'t know foreign languages, if he or she must wait for translations, he can\'t hope to know all the news in his field. If he can\'t use a computer, read the texts in English on the Internet and communicate with his partners by computer, he can hardly hope to be up to date in his work.
Very soon he will be months and even years behind the times.
"But," you will say, "how can I hope to learn so much? I have enough difficulty learning one language."
The answer is that when we have learned one foreign language, learning a second foreign language is much easier. Learning a third foreign language is much easier than learning the second, and so on.
There are many people all over the world who have discovered this secret. They know that success in foreign language learning is connected not only with a person\'s natural talent. You must work hard to learn your first foreign language. After the first, other languages are a much easier task.
Decide whether the following sentences are true (T) or false (F).
- Great people are the only ones who can learn many foreign languages.
- All kinds of specialists need foreign languages in their work.
- If a person only speaks his mother tongue, he\'ll know all the news in his field.
- To be up to date in the work a person should read texts in Esperanto on the Internet.
- Learning a third foreign language is easier than learning a first foreign language.
- You must work hard to learn your first foreign language.
6. Заключительный этап.
- Домашнее задание: подготовить проект “English Is a World Language”.
- Вывод: “I’m very satisfied with your work today. You’re given me much information about English-speaking countries and reasons for learning English.
- Оценки. Your marks for the lessons are (учитель объявляет оценки).
- Окончание урока. The lesson is over. Thank you very much. Good bye. See you later.
© Блог ВМЭШ / Школа и школьники